- Choose a broad environmental issue (either one listed on your syllabus or one based on interest)
- Work together to develop smaller questions to drive your initial research and search strategies for those smaller questions
For the rest of the semester:
- Discuss/Consider whether/ how to focus your capstone issue
- Search far and wide (not just primary and secondary sources, but news articles, government reports, patents, etc!) for a variety of information and perspective that will inform your project.
- Regularly assess the scope of your research (Is your project too big? Too small?)
- Keep in the back of your mind: What do I still need to know? Where/How will I find it?