For CE 840, you will be presenting a current article (last 5 years) having to do with career development in P-12 schools.
This assignment will not only give you the opportunity to further explore a topic that interests you, it will also test your critical reading and communication skills.
Bonus: When each student presents a diffrent article, everyone in the class learns more without having to read more!
Journals To Check Out
These journals are focused on career counseling, and will be a great help in completeing your assignment:
Searching these journals:
With many of these journals, you can either browse by issue to see if there's anything in the latest research that insterests you, or search by keyword. Pick something that interests you and search for it (use "quotation marks" if you want to search a phrase)!
- Choose something you think you'll be most interested in. No use working with something you don't like!
- Read your chosen article several times, think critically about how it relates to in-class readings or discussions.
- Take good notes.
- Organize your presentation.
- Think creatively about how to present your material in an engaging way- with or without technology.
- Don't hesitate to contact Eloise for help any step of the way!
Room 109, McGill Library