Last Updated: Apr 22, 2014
EndNote is a citation management tool that helps you keep track of what you've found and where you found it.
- Mystery and Revelation in Les Misérables
Romanic Review (73:3), 1982, 314-330.
NOTE: This is a paper journal article, but a section of it deals specifically with Gavroche. It might be worth the extra effort.
CALL No: PC1 .R7
- Realism in Les Misérables
Olin H. Moore
PMLA, Vol. 61, No. 1 (Mar., 1946), pp. 211-228
- History's Unconscious in Victor Hugo's Les Misérables
Rosalina de la Carrera
MLN, Vol. 96, No. 4, French Issue (May, 1981), pp. 839-855
- On Rereading French History in Hugo's Les Misérables
The French Review, Vol. 67, No. 2 (Dec., 1993), pp. 187-195
These are titles that look pretty good, but that we don't own. If you aren't familiar with Interlibrary Loan (ILL), it's a service that the library provides in which we borrow the book (or get a pdf) from another library for you.
If you haven't yet registered for an ILLiad account, CLICK HERE.
- [New to List!!] Representational strategies in Les misérables and selected drawings by Victor Hugo : an intermedial comparison
This book considers the interplay between art and literature by comparing representation techniques in passages from Les Misérables with artistic techniques in selected drawings by Victor Hugo.
- Reflections on Historical Remembering: 'The Year 1817,' Les Misérables, Part I, Book III
Spitzer, Alan B
Literature and History , (14:2), 1988, 143-159.
- Homelessness, Wastelands, and Barricades: Transforming Dystopian Spaces in Les Misérables
Grossman, Kathryn M.
In (pp. 30-34) Leibacher-Ouvrard, Lise (ed.), Smith, Nicholas D. (ed.), Utopian Studies IV, New York: UP of America, 1991. 96 pp
- Les Miserables: Conversion, Revolution, Redemption
Grossman, Kathryn M.
New York : Twayne Publishers ; London : Prentice Hall International, ©1996.
- Hallucinatory History: Hugo's Révolution
Burt, E. S.
In (pp. 148-70) Culler, Jonathan (ed. and introd.), Deconstruction: Critical Concepts in Literary and Cultural Studies, Volume II, London, England: Routledge, 2003. ix, 410 pp.
This article isn't particularly relevant, but I thought it was really interesting and that you might enjoy it.
TIP: Use the index at the back of each book to find Gavroche.
Figuring Transcendence in Les Miserables
Call Number: PQ2286 .G76 1994
Publication Date: 1994-06-30
The Temptation of the Impossible
Call Number: PQ2286 .V3713 2007
Publication Date: 2007-04-23
Victor Hugo, a realistic biography of the great romantic
Call Number: PQ2293 .J6
Publication Date: 1942
Perilous Quest: Image, myth, and prophecy in the narratives of Victor Hugo
Call Number: PQ2301 .G67
Publication Date: 1968-05-01