Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Our Goals for Today
Today you'll be working with your groups to begin your research on your site. Take advantage of this time and you should be able to make great progress on your presentation by the end of next week's class.
By the end of this session you will:
- Use reference and online sources to get a solid background on your site
- Generate keywords and questions
- Think back and make connections between your site and the sources that your read
- Divide the search with your teamates by subject, presentation section, database, or something else!
- Work collaboratively and comunicate with group members to ensure good use of time
By the end of today's class, you will:
- Find three good sources that you believe will help you create your presentation
Before next class, you will:
- Critically read the three sources that you found today
- Hopefully, find and read more!
- Take good notes on your sources
- Make connections between your sources and potential sections of your presentation
Your Assignment and Peer-Review Syllabus
Your final project for this course will be a group presentation in preparation for your trip to Greece. Each group has been assigned an archeological site that you will be visiting this summer.
You will be:
- Researching your site, and it's connections to the texts you have studied
- Preparing an oral presentation on your site
Consult the rubric (attached) as you research, read, and create your presentation.