Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Goals for Today
- Discuss your family history with a relative, try to complete the family tree outline to the best of your ability.
- Sign up for a 14-day free trial with Ancestry.com Confirm that you can log into the site
Goals for today's class:
- Introduction to genealogy resources
- Take good notes!
- Use web and library resources to begin to place what you've learned into historical context
- Cancel your ancestry.com subscription if needed
- Continue to grow your understanding of the historical time/place/event with academic resources
- Write your paper!
- Be awesome!
Interview one family member who is over 50 years old to discover one thing about your family’s history that you did not know. Take good notes....
Choose one aspect of your family story you wish you investigate further and do additional research to contextualize it historically: describe some of the major and relevant political, cultural, social, economic, etc.issues of the time.
Look for primary documents that help you tell your family story.