Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Other Search Tips
- Try brainstorming and mindmapping to understand what you know and what you need to know
- Check out an encyclopedia (other than Wikipedia) there are a lot of subject-specific encyclopedias that can be great resources at the beginning of your research
- Find the perfect article? Use that article's bibliography as a resource, they've already gathered the sources for you!
- A thesaurus is your friend
- Base your research around scholarly, peer-reviewed articles and books, but websites can have great information too- especially if they end in .edu or .gov
- Being active in your reading and taking good notes will make your job a lot easier later on.
Search WISE: Enter title, subject, or author
Searching smarter: Why "Boolean" is your boo'
We don't have it? ILL it!
If Westminster College doesn't own a book or article, you can still get it (with a bit of patience!)
Click the "I need it now!" button on the WISE record of something you want that Westminster doesn't own.
The first time you use this service, you will have to create an account, but afterwards it's smooth sailing.
Articles will be delivered electronically and typically take 3-5 business days. Books can take up to two weeks and will be held behind the LIS Help Desk.