Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For this assignment, you are asked to write a 7-8 page research paper that is based on scientific literature. It will synthesize research from the literature, and draw conclusions based on your research. Your paper should also be written in APA style, and will follow all the guidelines outlined by your professor.
A checklist for success
- Find a manageable, interesting, and sustainable topic of interest related to child or adolescent development
- Use scholarly and popular information to gain a 'background' understanding of the major themes, issues, and opinions related to your topic
- Search multiple sources of scholarly information to get a good understanding of what has been done on this topic
- Read your sources well, probably a few times.
- Take good notes
- Compare your notes to synthesize the information in the literature to help support your ideas.
- Write the darn paper!
From Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Wednesday, Sept. 5: Library Session- Developing a topic, starting to search.
Monday, October 1: Paper Topic Due (post on D2L by 9:00pm)
Friday, November 16: Paper Due (post on D2L by 9:00pm)