Westminster College now has access to the New York Times back to 1851. This access includes indexed articles as well as PDF files of images from the print edition. At the moment, there is no single link to access and search all of the NY Times content at once. Instead, there are two links, depending on the time period of the content. Please access the NY Times via one of the following methods:
- Direct links: Click on the links below to go directly to a search and index page for each time period.
- Search WISE: From the library home page, search "New York Times" in the search box. The NY Times result record lists each individual link shown above. Please note:
- The links to full-text content are the ones labeled either "ProQuest Historical Newspapers" or "ProQuest National Newspapers Core".
- Westminster College also has NY Times access from 1980 to present via Lexis Nexis (which is the "Academic Universe Full Text" link).
- Two other links appear in WISE: "New York Times Online Free Content" and "Simon Fraser Magazines". These links go to the NY Times home page. However, any access to content via these links is subject to change at any time. If you need NY Times content for class or research work, please refer to the links listed above instead.
- 1851-1857 content can be found by instead searching for "New York Daily Times".
IMPORTANT: Westminster College does NOT have free access to all content on the New York Times home page (http://www.nytimes.com). Our access is provided by ProQuest, which has indexed the content for use on its own web site. Going to nytimes.com is not an alternative means to access all NY Times content that is available to Westminster College.